You know you need to work on your social media approach. It’s just the prudent thing to do in a world where Pinterest, Twitter, and G+ rule the game. How can you amp up your social media efforts and increase your business in return? These tips can help.
- Focus your Interactions: You probably want one main thing from each profile you’ve built, right? Is it to get more followers? Encourage people to sign up for your newsletter? Disseminate information about sales and specials? Figure out what your goal is, then ensure everything you do pushes you toward that goal.
- Don’t Stick to Self-Serving Posts: There’s no way that simply advertising your new posts, your new sale, your new employees, or just generally being you-centric is really going to help you reach your goal. Social media doesn’t work that way. Imagine, for a moment, you’re at a party. As you work your way around the room, you spend the entire time talking about you. No one is going to want to speak to you after five minutes of that behavior, and the same is true for your social media interactions.
- Create a Schedule: If you post too often, people are going to get sick of hearing from you. Post too little, and people will get sick of looking for you. You have to find a happy medium. A general rule of thumb is not to post more than three times per day per platform. Don’t post less than once a week on each platform.
- Generic is, well, Generic: If you go with generic LinkedIn invites, Facebook Walls, or Twitter Profiles, guess what? You’re going to look generic. Get creative!
- Stay Connected: Treat every single friend or contact like a real one. Don’t hesitate to give a shout-out when they have a personal accomplishment they’ve Tweeted about. Try to offer as much personalization as is possible within your interaction.
Social media marketing is still uncharted waters, and it can be tough to fit it into your current marketing plan. That’s where we come in. With robust social media marketing services, let us handle the details while you focus on your business. Contact us today to learn more.